As a ship, they are actually in much better shape than I thought they would be at this point. They were both rejected around the same time, I thought we’d have to wait longer for this to happen with YD. To me, the only consideration that is really up in the air is whether or not their relationship status at the end will be implicit or explicit. I still trend towards explicit. (That’s mostly because I expect happy endings for everyone).
Generally, I think there is going to be a lot more push & pull between them, I think they’re due to have some emotional scenes soon. (..which may not be pleasant). As for how I see the future episodes shaping up, combining the strands of story from Gossip Girl with what Heirs has presented so far, these are the particulars I read from the tea leaves:
- Outside the party - I expect within the first 5 minutes we will see Young Do walking out onto the street to where Rachel is. I think they could trade barbs, or it could go some different way, it has potential to be a very angsty scene.
- Dong Wook’s wrath - With the preview from 15, the theme of family is coming back into play, and with DW having to attend a parent teacher conference where he finds out YD is 3rd to last in his class… I expect he will punish his son somehow. I wonder if Rachel will witness it.
- The other leg to that school business, … Rachel is second in her class. This hasn’t been brought up in the context of YD, I think it could come up soon. Maybe Esther suggests Rachel tutors him. lol.
- YD finding out about Esther’s affair - This is a Gossip Girl thing that I think is going to happen. Her love story with YJH is very GG. Of course YD will protect her secret, and this will be saved for a later plot point.
- The wedding - I think the wedding is definitely going to happen. But if it is, it almost has to happen within the next few episodes. And we know there’s nothing like trials and tribulations to bring family members closer together, or whatever the quote was, lol.
- Kim Tan’s need to be a drama queen - I really want him to crash the wedding since it is a very swank public affair and maybe he uses the exposure to kiss CES. In turn YD kisses Rachel because YD wants to be the one to ruin his own father’s wedding. I love the idea of this scenario. >_< This is probably wishful thinking, but oh if only. JUST LET ME WRITE THE SHOW, FFS.
- Dong Wook’s death - The more Dong Wook abuses Young Do, the more likely he will just drop dead. I don’t know how this show could fix the Dong Wook problem any other way. The show can’t end with DW in the position to abuse YD, Esther, and Rachel. Of course this would free up Esther to marry Yoon Jae Ho, and it will erase the brother/sister relationship YD has with Rachel.
- In the wake of his dad’s death, Rachel could be there to support YD but then Young Do finding out about Esther & YJH rears its head, leading YD to lash out at Rachel, blaming her mom for his dad’s death.
- Bonus prediction: With Dong Wook’s death, Young Do’s mom can come back. If his mom comes back, Young Do can let go of his hatred of Kim Tan, and they can be friends again.
- Esther the powerhouse - When DW dies, Esther could inherit DW’s Jeguk stocks. (IDK if that’s realistic but it’s TV). She’s also a voting member on the board of Zeus, so I think she could be an influence on the Kim Won x Kim Tan battle & she could also have some control over YD’s inheritance.
- Something happens to bring YD & R together again. (I’m worried something will happen to her physically. I’ve mulled over the thought that Lee Hyo Shin doesn’t have a monopoly on suicide ideation. But maybe it’s just a car accident, or something).
Why can I never just write 2 sentences and call it a day. IDK.
Anyway, that’s how I feel the story is headed as far as it concerns Young Do & Rachel. Whether KES follows through on any of it, heh.. remains to be seen. I think there’s still plenty of time for more to develop between them at the very least.